Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Staying the Course

I didn't post yesterday.  My days are so full with working sometimes, getting things ready for the school musical, driving the hospital, spending time with my three beauties, being a wife, and being a homemaker!  Luckily, there was not much news-wise to share.  And today's news is the same as yesterday's news.

Lincoln's vent settings have gone up some, he had been able to get down as low as 23% oxygen, with room air being 21%.  Now he's back up to 30-40%.  His jet vent was giving him as low as 240 breaths per minute, but now it's up to 420.  His PIP was lowered from 29 to 27, and his PEEP is at 10, I believe.  His immature lungs just aren't able to do it all yet.

Link's feeds are currently at 12 cc's of breastmilk with a 24-calorie supplement.  I'll have to ask (again) about whether that's 24-cals in a day or in each feed.  I've asked before, but always gotten an 'Um...I think...' answer.  When his nutritionist is here, I'll ask her.

My Dad, a.k.a. PopPop, whose 64th birthday was yesterday, made us "Keep Calm and Linc-oln" t-shirts.  We will try to get a picture of the five of us wearing them.  We've also given out a couple to nurses who have spent a lot of time with our little man.

----------------
Okay, I asked about the 24-calorie fortifier.  It's a liquid that's added to breastmilk in 25 cc units.  For every 100 cc's, 24 calories are added to the milk.  Lincoln is getting 12cc's per feed now, so after every 8 feeds, he's gotten a bonus 24 calories.  He gets 8 feeds a day, so for now it's an extra 24 calories a day.  As his feeds go up, he'll be getting his extra calories more quickly.

No comments: