Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A Step Back

Lincoln had some setbacks today. First, his weight is down. I expected that with the Lasix - I was actually telling my coworker Lisa that I suspected something was up because he gained five ounces in two days. Too much, too fast. Then, his heart rate was very high, going over two hundred frequently. Nurse Brianna said that he was likely too hot, and indeed the incubator wan't taking his temp reading accurately. But they ran blood tests anyway. His hematocrit was low, so he's getting a blood transfusion. They're unsure about an infection (something I suspected earlier when I was there because of his temperature), so Lincoln is getting two days of antibiotics to play it safe. 

Not much good news today. None, even. This is the trip in the NICU - good days/bad days, two steps forward, one step back, etc...

Praying for a good day tomorrow.

1 comment:

CMC said...

I'm praying too, little Lincoln! One day at a time.