Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Changing Boy Diapers

Last night for the first time I got to take Lincoln's temperature and change his diaper. His nurse Hannah offered and I jumped it on it. I changed my first boy diaper! (Actually, I used to change mostly boy diapers as a babysitter, there was something blue in the water on Robson Rd where most of my families were.)  Tonight, I got to do it again with nurse Elyn. 

Lincoln is up to 1070g, he's packing on the grams! He's up to 14cc's on his feeds, and as a result they've gone to 1kg of TPN for KVO (keep vein open). The TPN is being used to keep his pic line open for now, tomorrow they will go to something else like saline for that and get rid of TPN and lipids all together. Link goes to 15cc feeds tomorrow which are full feeds, and that means he doesn't need his IV fluids at all.  There are still some significant breathing issues going on as a result of premature lungs, we're happy that Dr. Eche is back on with us to deal with them. Dr. Eche even said his goal is that by the end of his two weeks with Link, he hopes to have him off the jet and onto a cannula.

Something is wrong with the keyboard on my iPad that it's not showing up, so impressively, I've typed this entire post by muscle memory and a lot of backspacing. 

No comments: