Friday, October 23, 2015

Haircut

I got the haircut, not Lincoln.  Normally, haircuts are no big deal.  For me they are a big deal.  I am terrible about "taking care of myself," I tend to put my stuff off because I feel guilty leaving the kids yet again for something like that.  Plus my hair is straight and boring, and who can even tell when I get my haircut but me?  Well, it has been 15 months since my last haircut.  I know I need to keep it healthier, and I definitely wanted to get rid of some length, and I knew once Lincoln comes home I'll be even WORSE about things like haircuts.

Teri cut off between 6 and 8 inches.  It was a lot of hair, and it wasn't very healthy.  When I was pregnant with all my girls, my hair was luscious.  It was thick, healthy, and easy to manage.  This pregnancy, my hair was thinner than it's usually very thin-ness, oily, tangled easily, and overall just gross.  So it was time to get rid of my gross hair.

I always always always have my hair up in a messy bun.  It's easy, I like how it looks enough.  I dream of other hairstyles, but with thin hair, most of them would never work.  So anyway, off I went to Teri.  She combed through my hair and found bald spots.  Like bald spots. Four of them.  Four bald spots.  I haven't even started losing my hair yet from Lincoln's birth (with my other pregnancies, three months after delivery my hair started falling out and became my normal thin hair again with a receding hairline which eventually grew back).  I'm hoping that doesn't happen this time.  I can't afford to lose more hair.  I have four bald spots, I'm doing a Donald Trump combover now, and I'm worried about the rest of my hair falling out.  Teri said it's likely from stress.  I guess it is.  Now I'm stressed about having bald spots and a combover at 36 years old.

It was a big topic of conversation at school today, though.  Students and teachers alike commented on the difference.  They didn't realize how much hair had been cut off, though, because most have never seen it down.  In fact, one student said, "Mrs. Jak, your hair is getting so long!"  But she's never seen it down, so she didn't realize it was actually 8 inches shorter.

----------------
Lincoln is now 3lbs, 3oz.  That's one ounce heavier than Charlie's birth weight.  He's doing a nice job of growing.  He's off his antibiotic, there was no infection. He's starting diuretics again, the doctors are eager to get him off his vent and he's not really cooperating. The hope is that the diuretics will give him the push he needs to wean off the vent. He had a blood transfusion a couple of days ago, and he's still getting his sodium and caffeine.

No comments: