Monday, October 12, 2015

Oh Poop!

Lincoln is doing well. He seems to be growing like a weed and getting stronger. He's had his last dose of hydrocortisone two days ago, and his blood pressure numbers are staying normal. The goal now is to wean him off the jet vent. He's at max feeds - 22mLs. He will start lasix tomorrow for three days. On the third day, he'll begin an oral diuretic. This will rid his body of excess fluid, including his lungs, and hopefully from there he can be weaned off the jet. After the jet, he'll go on a CPAP machine. 

Lincoln is looking good. Mommy held him today. We've been holding him more as he gets bigger. Once he's off the jet, he's easier to hold. The jet has a little box that sits in Link's bed that sends puffs of air to his chest. That box has very short tubing, making it very hard to move him. It's a two person job, for sure. When the jet is gone, the box is gone.

It's gotten very hard to leave the hospital. I hate not being here with him, I hate not holding him daily. He's a baby and I'm a Mommy. We're supposed to be cuddling, breastfeeding, and snoozing. Instead, I talk to him (and sing and play music and read books to him) through a porthole. Can't wait to scoop him up whenever he or I want! It's unnatural to leave your baby everyday. Thankfully, the nurses here are amazing.

Oh, funny aside...I was changing Lincoln's diaper today, and when I opened it there was poop galore! When I went to wipe him, he pooped more. I closed his diaper up. I tried again a minute later, same thing. I wiped, he pooped. He finally stopped, so I removed the old diaper with a new one under it, and he immediately started again! Yet another new diaper and we were good to go. Kelly got him ready to hand him over to me, and lo and behold, another poopy diaper. The boy is cleaned out!

1 comment:

CMC said...

That's a great sign!