Friday, June 13, 2008

Slow down!

It's amazing how fast Elliot is learning things these days. Yesterday, she was playing on the floor (a very popular activity at our home now) and she got into a crawling position, then straightened her legs as though she were going to stand up. (I believe this is called "downward facing dog" in yoga!) I thought, 'This kid hasn't pulled up on anything yet, but she is going to free stand in the middle of the room?!'

Then this morning, while I was taking my shower, she was sitting in her bumbo seat. Typically I take my shower while she takes her morning nap, but she's been skipping her morning nap lately, and then I wait 'til 11 or 12 to get my shower. Well, we have plans today, so like I usually do when I shower when she's up, I put her in the bumbo in the bathroom, and I play peek-a-boo with her around the shower curtain. I put some toys around her, too, and she is quite content to play with those. Well, this morning her book got away from her and she really wanted it. So, she reached REALLY far, and fell out of the bumbo, and hit her head on the toilet! OUCH!!!! Poor baby, crying! I jumped out of the shower dripping wet and held her. We nursed and she napped almost immediately after (I could have taken my shower then, of course...) She's doing fine now, but I guess it's time to pack up the Bumbo and say goodbye! Sorry, Daddy, another trip to the attic!

No comments: