Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm a big girl now!

Well *sniff sniff* Elliot is getting so big. Today, we took up to the attic her "office" (exersaucer), her vibrating seat, her Bumbo seat, and her Johnny Jump-Up. She is outgrowing everything, if not physically, then emotionally. She no longer wants to be put in a chair or in a toy that she can't get out of. She needs to be able to take off when she wants.

"They" tell you to enjoy all the firsts. Her first tooth, her first word, her first step. "They" don't tell you about the lasts. I am sad that I didn't really savor the LAST time in her office or the LAST time in her jumpy seat. I rocked her to sleep tonight, and I wondered when the LAST time I will get to do that is...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They grow fast that's for sure! The rocking will last a longer. You'll just notice one day as you are rocking her that her knees are dragging on the floor and try to remember what happened to your "little" baby.