Friday, June 13, 2008

Mean Monty and Zoe!

So, each morning, Elliot and I have the same routine, we barely ever vary from this. Elliot wakes up and I bring her into bed with me to nurse and watch the start of the Today Show. Then, I take her out to the living room, put her in "the office" (a.k.a. exersaucer), and give her some cheerios. I go into the kitchen, start coffee and make myself a bagel or some other quick breakfast. I come back into the room and Monty and Zoe are sitting at her feet, and she is feeding them cheerios. Its funny, but I wish it wasn't routine. And now, so does Elliot.

Elliot is great a sharing. Now, I'm no idiot - I know that at this age, babies don't understand sharing. They don't really get the concept until about age 3. But Elli will hand you something very sweetly that she is enjoying. She just wants it back immediately, too.

Last night, we bought her some graham crackers for the first time. She eats just about anything, and I am looking for more variety in finger foods. Well, no surprise, she loves her new "cookies."

This morning, Daddy decided to give her one while she was in the office. Being the sweet, kind, caring girl that she is, she held it out to the dogs, who took it and ate it. I was super surprised when I heard her crying (I was making coffee). I came in, and the graham cracker was gone, and the dogs were chewing! OH NO!!! Daddy put the dogs in their room, and gave Elliot a new "cookie," and all was right and well in the world again.

No comments: