Sunday, June 1, 2008

Officer Commissioning

Phillip became commissioned as an officer on Tuesday evening, May 27 at 10PM. He became a Second Lieutenant of the United States Air Force. Our Uncle Mike, a retired Colonel in the US Army (a West Point grad), commissioned him. This was a very formal ceremony, and I can confess that I teared up as I saw my little bro become an officer.

Phillip in his "Mess Dress." Very formal (very unattractive, if you ask me!):


The commissioning paragraph:


Uncle Mike, Phil, Mom and Dad:


Uncle Mike and Phil:


Congrats, Phil!!!:


Phil's shoulder boards being changed from Cadet First Class...:


...to Second Lieutenant by Mom and Dad:


Now presenting Second Lieutenant of the United States Air Force, 2Lt Phillip Amrine:


Phil's First Salute as a 2Lt:

No comments: