Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Quit!!!

My friends and family know that I have worked for a neighboring school district's marching band for four years. This would have been my fifth. The administrator for music is rearranging just about every position and not making any friends in the district. Sure enough, he wanted to pay me differently this year. Because I am not an actual teacher in that district, he wanted to take me off the "top 5" position list, and pay me differently. Essentially, that meant that he wanted to pay me half of what I made the last four years for about the same amount of work. Worse than that, he was planning on paying someone else who doesn't work in the district my old pay. And it would have been that guy's first year with the band. PLUS!!! he is paying two other staff the same amount he offered me...they are former students with no teaching degree, no Masters degree, and no experience teaching for this or any other marching band. WHAT?! No, thanks! I quit!!!

I will miss my seniors especially...Good luck seniors!

No comments: