Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Falcolns Have Landed

We have finally (too soon?) arrived back from Colorado Springs, CO. We were there for the incredible Class of 2008 Graduation at the United States Air Force Academy. (USAFA) There is so much to tell, and so many pictures to share, that I will be breaking my stories up so that I don't post too much at once.

My dad had an interesting experience on the way to the Academy. He drove from Ohio, and when he arrived in Kansas, he hit severe weather. He was at exit 108 on I-70, when the sky turned black enough to make him pull over with some other cars, and the bulletin on the radio announced a tornado which would cross I-70 between exits 98 and 110. Lucky for my father, it crossed two miles ahead of him. When people got back into their cars and drove on two miles, he saw a car mangled up in a field that the tornado had picked up and placed there. Sadly, the next day we saw on the news that the two people in that car had died. I feel so blessed that my dad was okay! We all arrived happy and healthy in C-Springs on Saturday early afternoon. The babies (Jed, Molly, & Elliot) were back together for the first time since Christmas!

Jed, Molly, & Elliot (See Uncle Phil's crutches in the background?)


Together Again!

1 comment:

Laura said...

My family and I drove by a tornado once on our way to visit my grandparents. It was very scary! I am so glad your dad missed it!