Monday, March 24, 2008

It's "MaMa" Day!!!





Finally! After about two weeks of Elliot calling everything "dada," I finally got a "Mama" today! And not just one, they've been coming all day!!! In fact, she's next to me now and she's saying it! What a beautiful sound!

And this morning was dreamy...Elle is such an independent kid that she's not much of a cuddler anymore. This morning she got up at 6:30, and I amazingly felt rested well enough to get up with her. We played for a bit, and around 8 I took her into her room, into our big puffy comfy rocking chair and read "Zin! Zin! Zin! A Violin!" Afterward, she just curled up on my lap, put her head on my chest and cuddled. We sat there and rocked for about 45 minutes until she fell asleep and I put her down for a nap. Every once in awhile she'd look up at me and sigh and put her head back down. I am so happy that I took the time to just enjoy and be in the moment. A couple of times my mind went to laundry, dishes, a shower, etc., but then I reminded myself that I wouldn't be able to do this forever and I just melted into it.

Elliot had a great Easter! She was such a good girl at cousins Sara and Steven's.

Okay - Easter pics added!



1 comment:

Laura said...

ha ha, that's SO funny. I was just telling Fred, literally ten minutes ago, that Griffin very distinctly called me Dad this morning. Of all things.
I'm glad you got a Mama! Or ten!