Monday, April 2, 2012

So frustrating!!!

Adeline - 4lbs, 3oz
Charlotte - 3lbs, 8oz

I've been so excited by the prospect of two to three more weeks until our girls come home. This morning during rounds, however, when I asked for an ETD, I was told, "Around their due date." Dr. Courtney said, "I think they'll even make it home by Cinco de Mayo!" That's terrible news. That is still more than a month away. Feeling SO frustrated right now.

Attempting nursing again today, and I am going to really get serious about this. They want the twins "nippling" for 2/3 of their feeds, and I want a lot of those to be with me, not a bottle. Being with these girls at the hospital is starting to feel like a full-time job! Of course when they come home it will be, but all parents expect that, and it won't involve figuring out what to do with Elliot or driving back and forth from home.

1 comment:

Laura said...

It is terrible to be counting down the days which are moving oh so slowly only to have to set the clock back further. This will all be over soon!