Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Going Home Eve?

Addie - 5lbs, 10oz Charlie - 4lbs, 14.5oz Tomorrow is supposedly the day the girls will finally come home! Still waiting on rounds to be sure. Addie dropped 15 grams last night, and that could potentially keep us here. Charlie is up half an ounce today. I'm nervous about bringing the girls home when I've become so used to the monitors. I'm not nervous about whether or not Dave and I can handle being parents of twins. Of course we can! I actually find most people to be quite negative and unsupportive, especially because they are twins. Some things I've heard: *You'll never sleep now! *How will you ever handle two babies at once? *You won't be able to do it on your own. *When Dave returns to work, are you going to have someone with you every day? *Are you hiring help? *It's too bad you didn't have twins first so that this time seems easier. (I actually think it's better that I had the experience with Elle before the twins!) I read in a twin mom book that I was reading that the author kept being told, "Glad it's you and not me!" And her reply was, "Yes, me too." - Which I think is perfect! Waiting not so patiently for rounds now to hear what the plan is!

1 comment:

Becca said...

I gotta say - if I had my twins first they'd be the only kids I had :)

You guys are going to be just fine. Things might be a little blurry when it comes to remembering, but you've already got your blog started to help you remember. :)