Monday, April 9, 2012

Just Another Manic Monday

I haven't posted over the last few days, because my parents Nana and PopPop came in from Ohio for Easter weekend. They, sadly, headed home today, and left a teary-eyed Elliot and me behind.

Addie is up to 4lbs, 8 ounces, Charlie broke the 4lb mark finally and is at 4lbs, 1 ounce. They've been doing fairly well. Addie was off the cannula again, but she's back on again, too. Their temperatures in the isolettes are being lowered to start to wean them to room temperature. (They're on 30.5 degrees currently, but need to get to 28 degrees to move into a crib.) Nursing is on and off - some sessions the girls eat what may be their full feeding, other sessions I can barely get them to latch. Today's last session was rather pathetic, but in all honesty I am SO exhausted, it was likely as much my fault as theirs.

We were also told today that perhaps Charlotte will be having a blood transfusion. Our nurse, Bob (GrandBob or Uncle Bob), let us know that tomorrow at rounds they will likely discuss the need. The girls are 35.5 weeks, and Charlie is still having a lot of A's, B's and stims. She is slightly anemic, and will be given a blood test again to recheck. If she is, she will have a blood transfusion. David chatted with Bob extensively about it tonight, and I checked it out online. It sounds rather common for preemies, especially those born earlier or tinier. I hope to be at the hospital for rounds tomorrow to find out more.

No comments: