Monday, September 1, 2008

*Sniff Sniff* Denial Over

Well, I have put it off this long. It is Monday night before I go back to work on Tuesday morning for the first time in fourteen months. I am so lucky to have had that time. But as I put my angel to bed tonight (I rocked her and sang to her and she fell asleep in my arms), I couldn't help but think that she could be a different kid than this. I always told myself that she is such a happy, loving kid because she is surrounded by her parents showering happiness and love on her. I know the folks watching her will be loving with her, too, but they're not her parents! I hope I still have my sweet girl when this is over. Its a good thing I got ready all day to go back to work, because now I'm wreck!

I had managed to be in denial about returning to work until this evening. This will easily be the hardest thing I've ever done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you today! Hope tomorrow's transition is easy for everyone...

xoxo!