Thursday, September 4, 2008

6 6 7 2

Nana requested more posts :) so here goes!

Elliot took six steps tonight while Dave was teaching a cello lesson. I was so excited! She eventually crawled in to see him, and as I was telling him about it, she did it again! Then later during the same lesson, she took seven! Then I turned my back and turned back around and took two more! The two more at the end were my favorites, though, because we weren't telling her to do it, she just stood up and tried it on her own! Yay, Elli!

We have survived three days of work now. I had no idea HOW EXHAUSTED I would be! And it makes me really sad that I just don't get that much time with her! In order to actually function without losing my mind, I get home and make our lunches for the next day, iron David's clothes for the next day, restock the diaper bag, set up the coffee maker, and do laundry. Then I make dinner, we eat, Elli plays a little bit, then goes to bed. Wow, I miss that kid already! At least she did well both at Grandma & Grandpa's house and at Veronica's house.

I thought my job would be much less stressful, as I don't actually have students yet, and George hasn't actually retired yet. Today, which was to be a stressful day to start with, became MUCH more stressful when George called nice and early to tell me that his BIL (Brother-in-Law for all you non-bloggers) passed away, and he wouldn't be in today or tomorrow. I was left to handle everything today, and I need to run out and get a card for George!

Elliot's off to bed, Dave is painting in the basement where we cut holes into the wall to run wires, and I'm about to continue getting ready for the Fisher-Price party to be held Saturday. During the hurricane! (It shouldn't be that bad, and the bad weather won't hit 'til Saturday night, or so they say right now...) Instead of 6 or 8 Moms and babies, and hoping for 10, I now have around 14 or 15 I think! Much more work than I had intended but PLENTY of fun! I can't wait! It's so close!

No comments: