Tuesday, April 1, 2008

You MUST be kidding me!

This is what I say to my students at school when they say something stupid.

Today, we had my friend Amy over after school. This is very nice for me. I adore talking to grown ups, other women, and of course my friends. Amy is all three wrapped up in one adorable funny delightful gal pal. She was sweet enough to stay for dinner. I've tried to feed her before, and she didn't like my crazy concoction. So I offered to order Chinese food. Yum.

We sat on the floor eating the yummy food (peppersteak for me!). Elliot was next to us being surprisingly delightful. Usually she's a bit cautious with visitors, but not today!!! The dogs were in their room, because they're crazy when visitors are here. After awhile they were barking because they wanted to go out. I let them out. Dave let them back in. Monty immediately went for Elliot's cloth blocks. Grrr. I yelled at him.

Amy, Elliot and I headed to the basement (the dogs followed of course) to talk to Dave about working on Doctorate degrees. The dogs were fighting in the basement. They fight/play all the time. Also, they do other things now that its spring. Ew.

After about 15 minutes, Amy and I head upstairs so Amy can head home and do boring, mundane things like work on grades and not hang out with me. As we round the corner into the living room, I see the dogs eating the WONTONS and FRIED DOUGH from the Chinese place!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now, Amy watches Elliot, while I toss the dogs into their room. Amy takes off, I nurse Elle to sleep, and then I have to do dishes and vacuum. I am so stinkin' tired! I already clean up after my hubby and baby.......now the dogs make a mess for me too?!

No comments: