Sunday, March 8, 2009

Facebook is SO cool!

Last summer, my parents were visiting. We went to church, and during the service, we saw a girl who looked familiar. Sure enough, as we were leaving, she was just ahead of us and held the door. It was Rachel R, whom I had gone to St. Mary School with in Marietta. She is now a professor at the University just a few miles from my house.

A couple of weeks ago, Lora, another girl with whom we had attended St. Mary friended me on Facebook. She then wrote me a note saying that she, too, lived in Suffolk County. Turns out, she lives just about ten miles from me! Stranger yet, she teaches in the same school district I do! Her step-son is a fifth grader in one of the buildings that I teach in, and may even be a student of mine.

SMALL WORLD!

No comments: