Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Elliot's Second First Birthday Party

06. 29.08 We got up and went to church with Nana and PopPop. Elliot and I usually go to church on Saturday evenings, but because of the barbeque, we went on Sunday this week. Why is this important? On the way out of church, we saw a girl that looked like someone I went to high school with. I turned to my mom and said, "That girl looks like Rachel _______!" My mom agreed, and as we went out the door, that girl held the door for us. She turned around when my dad said thanks, and it was indeed Rachel! So this girl who went to high school with me ten hours from here is now a fourth-year resident at Stonybrook University just a couple miles from my house!!! Whoa!

Elliot and PopPop before Church:



Elliot had her 2nd birthday party today. It was a swim party for family and close family friends at Grandpa and Grandma J's. Elliot loves to go in the pool, so this was a great time for her. We headed into the pool, and Nana and PopPop were so glad to get to see her "swim" in her float.

After swimming we had some dinner. Elliot, of course, enjoyed every bite of the ziti and baked beans she had. After dinner, we opened presents. Again, a nice mix of toys, clothes, and books and also got some money for college. Everyone did a really nice job of not going overboard, which I really appreciate.

Elliot opening her bubbles from Robin and Butch:


Elliot playing with the nose on her new Lion (hello Leos!) ride-on toy:



After presents, Elliot got her 2nd butterfly cake. I was really so proud of my two butterfly cakes, and it was really important to me to get to do that for her. Again, Elliot was ecstatic to get to eat cake!

Elli's cake that Mommy proudly made:


Let her eat cake!:

No comments: