Thursday, December 3, 2015

3 Months Old - Day 92

Here I am snuggling with my baby boy on his three month birthday. I have such mixed feelings right now. I feel excitement that he will likely be home by Christmas, frustration at finding time to see him (only just over an hour today!), joy that he does so well, anger that this happened at all. I truly try to focus on the positive things. I am shocked and thrilled that he has done as well as he has. At a few different points I was mentally preparing myself for a funeral, now I'm wondering if there will even be any developmental disabilities.i love snuggling and breastfeeding him. His warm little body resting on mine is the greatest, most calming feeling. I just hate that at three months old, here we are, still putting him back in his hospital crib and saying goodbye. I'm trying to get in good time with my girls, because I know that will be tougher once he comes home. I even talked to A and C this morning about how they can't touch him or pick him up without Mommy and Daddy helping. 

Link got his first bath in a tub (okay, bucket) today. He's drinking prune juice once a day to keep things moving, but still usually needs some help pooping. He's gaining weight steadily, weighing in at 6 lbs, 12 oz today. He has his Brutus the Buckeye mobile set up on his new bed. We'll keep making him strong and praying for him to come home and complete our family soon.


No comments: