Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Elliot's latest tricks

Elliot throws tantrums now. :) I think I'll consider her new talent. Last night, we had a full-blown, 25-minute tantrum. It changed rooms three times. It was because I put tights on her, because her feet were freezing, and she couldn't pull them off. She kept stopping, peeking around the corner to see what my reaction was, then starting up again. In that time, I made dinner and folded a load of laundry. I've been bad about scooping her up during tantrums, so I just let her have it out. She was overly tired, as her first nap was at 9:30 AM at Grandma's, then no more naps all day!

She gives great kissy-sounding kisses now.

She tries to put her own socks on.

She steps into some of my shoes and just stands in them.

She empties her shirt drawer almost daily.

She can use her shape sorter! She can put all four shapes in, manipulating them until they fit. They are a circle, square, triangle, and star. I have to say I'm quite impressed by this new found skill. (She started really doing it on Monday.)

She still LOVES to read books! I got her the book Gossie yesterday, not knowing what a hit it would be! She LOVES that every page has a "Dut-dut" (duck) on it!

Haha! Her most entertaining game is emptying the drawer in our studio, handing the parent of whichever student is there every single item out of the drawer one-by-one, then putting it back one-by-one.

She loves to sit in her kid-sized chair (though its not very sturdy), and she loves to sit on little things like: her potty step-stool, her tricycle seat, and Dave's trombone case.

Oh, and she nods her head. Its very cute! She looks you right in the eye, purses her lips, and does an 'I Dream of Jeannie' sort of definitive nod.

And she loves to talk to her Nana and PopPop on the video phone!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Griffin tries to put his socks on by himself too. He doesn't get too far. They kind of just dangle off his toes. ;-)