Thursday, June 24, 2010

Don't Test Me Girl!!!

Elliot is supposed to be napping. She's been in her room over an hour. She keeps coming out of her room, which she knows she's not allowed to do. She's overtired. She's hot (it's over 90 degrees today)! The central air and her fan are on, but its still hot. The last time she came out of her room, I said, "The next time you come out of your room, I will take all your animals out of your bed and put them in a garbage bag. Do you understand?" "Yes, Mommy." Five minutes later? "Mommy?" I sighed. I didn't want to do it. But what kind of parent would I be if I threatened and didn't follow through?

2 comments:

Laura said...

bold. if you'd threatened that to my little sister who is not so little at 26 she would have freaked out. how can the animals breathe in there!? but you did the right thing (though where did you come up with it!?). griffin always makes me feel like it's my fault when i warn him ten times and then have to follow through. sigh.

Stephanie said...

I remembered once when I was much younger, my mother told me that if I didn't pick up my toys, she'd put them in a bag and take them to boys and girls who would appreciate them. I didn't. She bagged them. She gave them back a week or two later. I gave them back that night. :)